How do I hide the products created by the app from Search?
When you first create a bundle, a new product is created in your Shopify dashboard with the name you give the bundle. When a customer creates a bundled product using the bundle builder page, the app will generate a new variant of that product in your Shopify store (this is how we can generate special pricing and extra info needed for a customer to purchase their product). With no changes, this product will be visible to anyone who visits your store.
To ensure these products are hidden, we'll need to do two things: 1. create a metafield and 2. add this metafield to the bundle products.
First, log into your Shopify Admin:
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to Metafields on the side bar.
- Select Products and click on Add definition.
- Enter a title for the metafield, like “Hide from search engines” so it’s recognizable.
- Replace the content in Namespace and key with seo.hidden – this must be exactly as you see it here.
- Select the plus icon to Select content type and choose Number.
- Make sure Integer is selected.
- Select Save.
If you run into any issues, please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance!